Surface dressing provides added protection to the road surface as well as enhancing the skid resistance, making it safer to drive on.
This added protection extends the life of the surface by up to 10 years.
Surface dressing is carried out at this time of year because bitumen and loose chippings bond to the road surface more effectively in warmer weather.
Please be patient while we carry out this important maintenance.
Works will take place on:
A370 Bridgwater Road, Weston - a £300,000 scheme, from the border with Somerset in Bleadon to where the A370 joins Uphill Road North in Weston-super-Mare.
- Phase one takes place today (Friday), with the road closed between 8pm and 6am.
- Phase two will involve a daytime closure on Sunday 3 July between 6am and 2pm while the surface dressing is completed.
- Phase three requires a daytime closure to seal the carriageway, on Sunday 10 July between 6am and 4pm.
- The final stage, installing road markings , will be completed over five nights from Monday 18 July between 8pm and 6am.
A38, Redhill - a £350,000 scheme to prolong the surface of the road will require three separate closures.
- Phase one will see the road closed on Saturday 2 July between 6am and 2pm.
- Phase two will require a daytime closure on Saturday 9 July between 6am and 4pm.
- The final stage will be a night closure for five nights between 8pm and 6am from Sunday 10 July so new road markings can be installed.
A369, Easton-in-Gordano – an £80,000 scheme to improve the A369 Martcombe Road, Easton-in-Gordano.
- Phase one was completed yesterday (Thursday).
- Phase two will require a daytime closure on Sunday 3 July, between 6am and 2pm.
- Phase three, to seal the surface of the road, will require a daytime closure on Sunday 24 July between 6am and 4pm.
- The final stage will be completed from Monday 25 July for five nights between 8pm and 6am.
B3130 Chew Road, Winford - a £50,000 scheme to upgrade the surface of the road will require four separate road closures as the work will be done in phases.
- Phase one, to prepare the surface of the road, was done on Wednesday.
- Phase two will see the road surface dressed, using a daytime closure on Monday 18 July between 8am and 5pm.
- Phase three will require a daytime closure to seal the carriageway and this will be completed on Monday 25 July between 8am and 5pm.
- The final stage, installing road markings, will be completed from Wednesday 27 July for five nights using a road closure between 8pm and 6am.
Surface dressing is largely weather dependent and the dates listed may change.
All current and future roadworks can be seen on an interactive map on our website.