Here is a selection of upcoming musical and literary events to enjoy…
- Enjoy live music from the comfort of your own home thanks to a new series of streamed events from Loves cafe in Weston-super-Mare. The café is showing these ‘Loves lock-in’ live streams thanks to a grant from Arts Council England. The first performance is local songwriter Alex Lipinski and his band members Adam and Graham, tomorrow (Saturday) at 8pm. The next stream will be musician Jane Taylor on Saturday 3 April, at 8pm. The performances can be watched live on the Loves Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- Pop-up online events are now taking place as part of a virtual Weston Literary Festival. The festival will give people the opportunity to meet authors, listen to educational talks, and discover new writers and illustrators. Find out more and see interviews with local authors on the Facebook page
- Do you want to delve more into your family history? A Q&A session with members of Somerset Archives and Local Studies and North Somerset Local Studies teams takes place at 10.30am next Tuesday (30 March). Register for the free event and find out more online
- Reading fans can join an online book club set up by North Somerset Libraries. The next group takes place at 2pm next Wednesday (31 March) and will be discussing The Last Family in England by Matt Haig, a story of an ordinary family as seen through the eyes of the family dog. Register in advance for free and download and read the book for free on your phone, laptop or tablet through the Borrowbox app.
- Popular food and drink festival eat:Weston is set to return on Saturday 17 April. There will be about 75 producers in the Italian Gardens, from 10am-4pm. Organisers have made many adaptations to ensure a Covid-secure event, such as well spaced stalls and producers completing risk assessments. When visiting, wear a mask and use contactless payment if possible.